What is the PlumpyField® Network?
The PlumpyField® network was estabilished in 2005 by the initiation of Nutriset. The PlumpyField® network brings together manufacturers who produces Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food based on Plumpy® range of products, which are RUTF & RUSF developed by Nutriset for the treatment of acute malnutrition. Hilina Enriched Food PLC is a member of Nutriset's PlumpyField® Network since 2006, a PlumpyField® network of partners striving to increase access to new nutrition solutions for vulnerable populations.
Why the PlumpyField® Network?
Because nearly 195 million children around the world suffer from malnutrition. Nutriset launched an innovative initiative to contribute to nutritional autonomy for all.
The ability of a state, community or an individual to identify and procure, via sustainable systems, the nutrients needed by young children or other population groups at-risk for malnutrition.
The core of the network focuses on common values:
- Sharing know-how, technology, and research initiatives
- Mutual assistance through continuous dialogue between the members of the network
- Sustainability by following the principles of sustainable development and the careful monitoring of financial stability
- Quality and compliance with international standards
Functioning as a network
- Enables members to react more rapidly to nutritional emergencies
- Facilitates work on chronic malnutrition in non-emergency periods
- Boosts local economies, including activities associated with the production of raw materials
- Favors the inclusion of ready-to-use food products in national food strategies
Factories can be found in these countries:
- Founding location- Nutriset in France - www.nutriset.fr
- STA - Based in Niger - www.sta.ne
- InnoFaso SA - Based in Burkina Faso - www.innofaso.com
- Samil Industrial - Based in North Sudan - www.samilindustrial.com
- Hilina Enriched Food Processing, PLC in Ethiopia - www.hilinafoodseth.com
- Tanjaka Food - Based in Madagascar
- Nutrivita Foods in India - www.nutrivita.in
- Edesia in the United States of America - www.edesianutrition.org
- Meds and Foods for Kids in Haiti - www.mfkhaiti.org